Custom PowerPoint Templates
July 23, 2006, Templates
You can think of your business presentation template as essentially PowerPoint stationery. It is the foundation and framework of every slide in your PowerPoint presentation and is the first step to producing a professional business presentation.
To effect the perception and credibility you need, your presentations should be branded uniquely for your organization and consistently with the rest of your collateral. A template is the core vehicle to executing that branding.
Invest in Presentation Design
What is a custom PowerPoint presentation design template?
- PowerPoint presentation stationery, but unlike typical letterhead, more visual.
- Typically, a cover and body slide with custom presentation design. Backgrounds typically match, but the body slide image is designed to allow for content presentation.
- Images typically include company logo, palette, relevant imagery, and Photoshop to give the design depth and texture.
- Also includes slide masters to ensure consistent layout and formatting of slide content.
Why use a presentation template?
- Drive positive perception – the look and feel of your presentation will help shape the perception of your company.
- Branding – reinforces your brand and identity.
- Credibility – a well-designed custom presentation template gives you a level of authenticity and trustworthiness. It lets people know you’re not just a fly by night organization.
- Consistency – templates create uniformity across presentations and presenters.
- Professionalism – all these factors lead to a professional framework for your presentation.
Of course, stock and canned PowerPoint templates are available online at cheap prices. However, only a fully custom template can uniquely identify your company and successfully extend your corporate branding. A canned template simply cannot do those things.
A custom designed template is an investment for your company. It can be used to refresh or upgrade any of your current PowerPoint presentations and it is yours to use again and again for any PowerPoint presentations you create in the future!